Friday, August 28, 2009

Mother's Market Advice to Her Son

"....I am not buying any of the stocks recommended in the previous article I emailed to you.....mainly because I have my own watchlist. I have done my own due diligence and I have learned their reactive daily movement by extensively using the tools provided by Ameritrade.

I sent the article as a way to keep you on your toes and it should be taken as a guide/reminder as well as a cue to be extra careful during the period described in the article. Cash is king is the prudent attitude to take during this period.

Yet, on second thought..... we should not lose sight that we are in a completely unprecendented market volatility where the political/economic environment is the centerpiece and that the market is still recovering from its massacre back in March 2009. Having said that, it is then possible that the market may skip the much anticipated correction. However, we must proceed with extreme caution, patience, focus, as well as self-control....such are the traits we need to uphold when trading.....and not to allow our emotions reign especially when the feelings of being left behind would swept us in our decisions.

If you missed the ride, think that there will be another opportunity and money to be made. Buy low, sell high and use any rally to take profits, then wait for any market correction before going back in...... such should always be the motto......it took me years to follow this mantra to the letter as I now see the benefit of its wisdom and it becomes self-gratifying, I might add.

I hope and pray that you are doing fine on your new undertaking. Again, while I am constantly praying for you and your siblings daily specifically when I attend the early morning masses on Wednesdays and Fridays each week and I offer to light two candles at the altar of Our Mother of Perpetual Help; our Lord Jesus will be more pleased when you yourself give thanks to Him by not missing each Sunday mass.

Again, may our Lord Almighty bestow on you all the graces for good health, peace, and guidance that you need each waking day of your life. Love and prayers, MOM"

No comments:

Post a Comment