Sunday, September 6, 2009

NYY Stadium Lobby


The New York Yankees are a professional baseball team based in the borough of the Bronx, in New York City, New York and are a member of Major League Baseball's American League East Division. One of the American League's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1901 as the Baltimore Orioles, and moved to New York City in 1903, becoming known as the New York Highlanders before being officially renamed the "Yankees" in 1913. From 1923 to 2008, the Yankees' home ballpark was Yankee Stadium, one of the world's most famous sports venues. In 2009, they moved into a new stadium, also called "Yankee Stadium". <<Source: NYY website>>

Hi Art (the Blue Jay fan),
The Yankees have been playing the Blue Jays in Toronto since September 3. So far, the Yankees are 2-1 games in their favor. The final game will be at 1:07PM today. I should have flown to Toronto to see the games over the weekend. However, I will have a chance to see them for a double-header home game come Monday.

Hi Joe (the tennis aficionado),
Hope you had a nice flight to California.

On several visits to Brewster, Joe introduced tennis to the family. He suggested that I get into this game to lose weight. My gran'kids have their "Wilson's" (for Lucas) and "Prince" (for Sierra). I had to purchase a featherweight, but expensive "Head" for Olivia. She always complains about the weight and grip on the racket. For me, I settled for a "Wilson's" left in the garage by one of my kids when they moved out.

Unfortunately today, I pulled a muscle in my right leg running after a wayward tennis ball. I believe, I pulled the "Gastrocnemius" muscle out of place. The pain radiates when I start walking. I'm now in crutches so I'm not going anywhere in the next few days - not even to see the Yankees play their home game Monday! (#@&%, come to think of it, I can't even drive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment